Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stay away from ecost.com

Placed an order for a Canon S95 around 300am EST on 1-3-11.
I need this camera for an upcoming trip so I paid the extra amount for two-day shipping. Well I guess I have been spoiled dealing with Amazon and Newegg and expected this would ship out later the same day. Wrong. So early the next day I have sent two emails and as of 830pm this date have not received a response. Around 11am I called their customer service center which is probably in Mumbai and spoke with a female who stated I would receive this item tomorrow. I doubt it. Checking my order status shows no updated information on tracking etc. Order status says
"sent to warehouse".
This is a company selling technology but they seem to be stuck in the stone-age when it comes to customer service.
I should have spent a little more time checking out the reviews for this company and went with a more reliable merchant.
I may receive this item tomorrow but the stress of worrying about it arriving on time is not worth it to me.
If I don't receive it tomorrow I will be going on the trip of a lifetime without a camera and my money is tied up with this transaction and there will not be enough time left to purchase this from another merchant.
Lesson learned....Stay Away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Update! as of Thursday and numerous phone calls and emails I still am in limbo with this company.

    ReplyDelete